We understand access to state funding can make a company’s final location decision easier. The State of Ohio offers a variety of funding opportunities, from grants and loans to tax incentives, that can make your location or expansion decision simple. Connect with Kimm Coyner, vice president, business development & project management, for REDI Cincinnati to learn more about the financing and incentives offered by Ohio.
- JobsOhio Workforce Grant – promotes economic development, business expansion and job creation by providing funding to improve Ohio worker skills and abilities
- JobsOhio Economic Development Grant – promotes economic development, business expansion and job creation by providing funding for eligible projects in the State of Ohio
- Ohio Enterprise Bond Fund – provides revenue bond financing through an S&P-rated fund, whereby proceeds from bond sales are loaned to companies for fixed-rate, long-term capital asset financing
- JobsOhio Growth Fund Loan – provides capital for expansion projects to companies that have limited access to capital and funding from conventional, private financing sources
- Innovation Ohio Loan Fund – provides loans for acquisition, construction and related capital costs of technology, facilities and equipment purchases
- State 166 Direct Loan – provides loans for land and building acquisition, construction, expansion or renovation, and equipment purchases
- Jobs Creation Tax Credit – is a refundable tax credit for companies creating new jobs in Ohio.
Note: Must meet minimum investment, payroll and jobs thresholds to be eligible and final approval from the Ohio Tax Credit Authority is required
- Ohio Enterprise Zone Program – Provides tax incentives for non-retail projects that are established or expanding operations in the State of Ohio
- Community Reinvestment Area – offers direct incentive tax exemption for property owners who renovate existing or construct new buildings.
- JobsOhio Revitalization Program – offers loans or grants to revitalize sites in preparation for end-users who will create jobs in the State of Ohio
- 629 Roadwork Development Fund – offers funds for public roadway improvements, including engineering and design costs, for projects primarily involving manufacturing, research and development, high technology, corporate headquarters, and distribution activity
Research and Development
- JobsOhio Research and Development Grant – facilitates the creation of corporate research and development centers in Ohio to support the development and commercialization of emerging technologies and products
- Research and Development Investment Loan Fund – provides loan financing for projects primarily engaging in research and development activities
- Research and Development Investment Tax Credit – provides a non-refundable tax credit for qualified research and development expenses
The REDI Cincinnati team is available to talk about additional incentives that may be available to your company. Connect with Kimm Coyner, Vice President, Business Development & Project Management to learn more.